Monday, January 18, 2021

New merit badge started... One almost done.....


 Yea, Yea, Yea,  finish one before starting another.  The only thing is that the expert requirement for  Buttoned up is more challenging than you would think it is going to take some digging and treasure hunting.  I have to research the history of buttons ( in the era of my choice) and with the kinds of buttons that were worn in that time period.  Collect at least 10 different kinds of antique buttons and include one o each made from metal, wood, china, and rubber.  So to say the Adventure continues with this badge.  I  have completed the first two requirements.  one was to collect 50+ buttons, and to make a piece of jewelry. 



On to the new badge,  It is a simple sewing one.  the first requirement for this badge is to make a beginners sewing kit.  so i did 2 of them.  I have 2 friends in mind that could really use them.  Excited to get rest of badge going and also i am waiting for one of the reading requirements for the beginning Calligraphy,  got the nibs and paper now for the book.  

Got to get with Wynter to figure out what badge she wants to start for her next project.  All buttoned up was a lot of fun.  we also have to decide if we are going to put badges on an apron or a bag.  lol.  Decisions,  

I also tried and failed at a new cake recipe,  the cake was ok slightly over baked. and as for the topping tried it twice.  and yes Carmel icing is NOT my thing..  next time I decide to make this cake I am going to use my Great Grandmothers Coconut brown sugar recipe.  The cake itself was very good reminded me of a spice cake.  the name of the cake is Revered Browns Cake.  It is dated in the 1890's.  perhaps I will have to try the caramel sauce again and re read the recipe,  it is easy to overlook or take something for granted.  So sorry no picture of this cake.  Next time..     

Oh the most exciting news is i have started my Farmgirl Chapter,  We are called the Longmont Chick-es.  and yes I am almost at my 5 founding members.  whooo hooo  I am so excited.

Until next time have a great day,  


No comments:

Post a Comment

New merit badge started... One almost done.....

 Yea, Yea, Yea,  finish one before starting another.  The only thing is that the expert requirement for  Buttoned up is more challenging tha...